RECENTLY I HAVE HAD TO ASK MYSELF, ‘WHERE DO I STAND?’ …
This may not be the most professionally written letter I have produced, but I will still lay claim to it as this is how I feel about what I see happening in my country. I also believe more and more people are starting to feel as I do. You are now asking yourself,’ how does this man feel about what is happening in the ‘Land of the Free – Home of the Brave’? Since you have asked, I will tell you.
- I never cared if you were “gay” or whatever acronym you chose to apply to yourself, until you started shoving it down my throat.
- I never cared what color you were, until you started blaming me for your problems. Did you know that the Irish and Chinese were slaves at one time in this land. Did you ever hear of the five Sullivan bros?
- I never cared about your political affiliation, until your political values were impacting the foundation America was built upon.
- I never cared where you were from in this great Republic, until you began condemning people based on where they were born. It is this history that makes them who they are.
- I have never cared if you were well off or poor because I’ve been both. You also received my disgust when you started calling me names for working hard and improving myself. Well ‘Lard butt’ earn my respect otherwise shut up!
- I’ve never cared if your beliefs are different than mine – until you said my beliefs are wrong.
- I’ve never cared if you didn’t like guns, until you tried to take my guns away.
- Recently I have been hearing that you feel you are entitled to the benefits I have worked for; really? What makes you think you are entitled to any benefit this country will give without you supporting her? Yes, I care. I have tolerated you long enough and have shown my patience towards you hoping you would see what it has taken those who love this country gave to make her the greatest nation on this planet. If you don’t think she is so great, then I ask you, ‘why are you still here?’ Why haven’t you moved to another country you think appeals to you. Your problem is no longer my problem. It IS your problem. It is still in your hands to become a part of us. It’s not too late. But it will be. And Soon.
I consider myself a very patient individual, but I am definitely running out of patience where you are concerned. This number is growing exponentially as others like me are seeing you for what you are, ‘spoiled brats; !
I have always cared about life. Not just a certain group, but all lives! Your hatred for our open acceptance of others irks you because somehow you think yourself better than the other person and then based on your standards, that person has no right to exist. You protest, riot, attack, burn and loot. Your so-called “movement” has become a radical out-of-control bunch of thugs, criminals and anarchists who are doing harm to our country.
Now I am going to use a word that is plural and I believe I am free to do so and that word is ‘WE’. Yes, ‘We the People’ have had enough! America is the greatest country on Earth, and if you don’t like her standards and values then you are welcome to LEAVE. No one is forcing the likes of you to stay. We are done caring about your misguided “feelings”.
You don’t have the right to enjoy American freedoms if you are trying to take that right away from other Americans.
And I proudly sign this document, so that you know who I am.
Dennis D Zinke