...Seven Benefits of Jesus' Shed Blood
In Christ's Blood, we receive life that death cannot conquer. Jesus has established a new covenant through His Blood, and He intercedes on our behalf to enable us to enter more fully into His Blood covenant with us (see Romans 8:34).
Once again, the number seven comes into play as Jesus' Blood accomplishes at least seven distinct benefits to complete our salvation:
1. Forgiveness. You and I have been forgiven through the Blood that Jesus shed when He gave up His life. "...[W]ithout shedding of blood there is no forgiveness" (Hebrews 9:22 NASB). (Photo via James Goll)
2. Cleansing. Our consciences have been washed by the Blood of Christ Jesus because we have truly been purified from all sin (see Hebrews 9:14).
3. Redemption. Forgiven and cleansed, we find that we have been redeemed from the clutches of the powers of darkness. "In Him we have redemption through His Blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace" (Ephesians 1:7 NIV).
4. Justification. It is one thing to believe that you are forgiven, cleansed, and redeemed, but it is another to believe that it is just as if you had never sinned in the first place. "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21). When I am justified, it is "just-as-if-I'd" never sinned. I am righteous.
5. Sanctification. Now we can take it one step further and declare that we have been set apart for a holy calling – sanctified. Each Believer is a special vessel set apart for God. Only Jesus' Blood can make this possible. Because of Him, we can walk on the straight and narrow way (see Matthew 7:14).
6. Peace. Because of Jesus' Blood, we can have perfect peace. There will still be plenty of battles to fight, but the outcome has been determined on Calvary: "It was through what His Son did that God cleared a path for everything to come to Him – all things in Heaven and on Earth – for Christ's death on the Cross has made peace with God for all by His Blood" (Colossians 1:20 TLB).
7. Access to the throne. Jesus' Blood has made possible your complete reconciliation with the holy Father in Heaven. Now, covered as you are in the Blood of Christ, you are like the high priest who was invited to enter the Most Holy Place – without being struck dead. You can enter the most holy throne room of Heaven with perfect impunity: "And so, dear brothers, now we may walk right into the very Holy of Holies, where God is, because of the Blood of Jesus" (Hebrews 10:19 TLB).
In your own life, how have you testified to what the Blood of Jesus Christ has accomplished? How have you spoken of it (out loud) and declared with joy the benefits He has won for you? Even when you proclaim it within the privacy of your prayer closet, the enemy gets blinded with the glory of Heaven!
All praise, honor, and worship to the Lamb of God for what He has done on the Cross! The Blood of Christ avails for you and for me! Let's each declare with thanksgiving what the Blood of the Lamb has accomplished for each of us!
Declaring the Power of Jesus' Blood!
Dr. James W. Goll
God Encounters Ministries
God Encounters Ministries
Post a Comment