I tried a new appetizer recipe that I found on Allrecipes. com
today. It was excellent, so thought I would share.
Jalapeno Popper Mushrooms
- 2 slices bacon
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, or bacon
- 8 mushrooms, stems removed and
- chopped and caps reserved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds
- removed, finely chopped (or
- use canned)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese,
- 3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- To prevent mushrooms from being soggy, remove stems and place upside down in cooking dish. Bake 15 minutes till they release water before stuffing.
- Fry bacon over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, garlic, and jalapeno; (can add a few seeds if you would like it spicier) cook and stir until the mushrooms release moisture and soften, about 10 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl, and stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the cheese mixture generously into the reserved mushroom caps, and arrange the stuffed caps on the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese begins to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Post a Comment