Happy New Year! I pray your New Year will be filled with joy and an awareness of how much God loves you!
And now for the reason of my post: I know, I know! This is a lot of posting on one recipe but sometimes it takes experimenting to reach perfection. 😀. I made the Jalapeno Popper Mushrooms again last night for a party, and because I forgot the ingredients included bacon and didn't have any, I decided to make them without it. Absolutely fabulous! We thought they were better --if that is possible, since we loved the others!
Below is the recipe that seems to me to be perfection. Since I had some of the filling left, I didn't want to waste it so put it in a small dish and cooked it with the stuffed mushrooms. This was excellent on crackers. It was so good that I believe to save time both for prep and cooking, the mushrooms could all be chopped, added to the rest of the ingredients and then baked as a dip.
Jalapeno Popper Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 large mushrooms, or 16 small, stems
- removed and chopped and caps reserved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds
- removed, finely chopped (or use
- canned, which I prefer.)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese,
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar
- 3 T. Parmesan Cheese
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- To prevent mushrooms from being soggy, remove stems and place upside down in cooking dish. Bake 15 minutes till they release water before stuffing.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, garlic, and jalapeno; (can add a few seeds if you would like it spicier) cook and stir until the mushrooms release moisture and soften, about 10 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl, and stir in the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar & Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the cheese mixture generously into the reserved mushroom caps, and arrange the stuffed caps on the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese begins to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Post a Comment