“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” 1 Timothy 2:1–4 NIV
This is often difficult when we disagree with their policies. I must admit my prayers the past 8 years were sometimes misdirected--prayers like "Lord, would you please remove him from office."😀
It looks to me as if these prayer points suggested by Doug Addison will be very helpful, not only for those of us who are excited about our new President, but even for those of you who may be having as difficult a time finding uplifting ways to pray for him as I did the past President.
So let us pray:
- Pray that God would surround the President with godly counsel and wisdom.
- Declare only those chosen by God can be placed in leadership positions.
- Ask God to speak to spouses and family members through dreams and revelations. An example of this in the Bible is when Pilate’s wife had a dream that helped her husband deal with the crowd concerning Jesus (Matthew 27:19).
- Pray our leaders will call upon godly counsel to help interpret and advise.
- Declare that all demonic spirits and influences will be revealed, and the plans of the enemy will be made known.
- Ask God to bless and protect them.
Post a Comment